The Critical Thinking Triangle® In Action! Thought Process Manipulative was created to make specific use of the Critical Thinking Triangle®—the crux of the Story Grammar Marker®, our tool for narrative development, story-telling, personal narratives, comprehension, writing and social communication.
This Manipulative is an enhancement to Story Grammar Marker® and contains 5 elements that connect and interact among each other to enable students to think about their thinking: to infer, solve problems, resolve conflicts, take perspective and more!
Thinking deserves its own hands-on tool. This new tool makes it possible for children to actually manipulate, talk about, and comprehend the elements of the Critical Thinking Triangle® including:
Kick-Off or problem, the unexpected happening resulting in a change to the Setting
Emotions or Feelings
Mental States/Thinking Verbs/thought process
Plans/Intentions to determine actions
Cohesive Ties (conjunctions) to build complex sentence structures to communicate the story
Watch a Webinar Using The CTT in Action!
Extended Demo Lesson Video with Three Second Graders
This set includes:
- 1 Guidebook containing: instructions, a learning scale protocol, reproducible maps & sentence frames, references, online teaching resources and more!
- 1 Plastic Document Envelope
- (4) 8.5”x11” Critical Thinking Triangle® In Action! Student Thinking Mats
- 60 Feelings/Emotions Cards
- 6 Thought Bubble/Mental State Cards
- 4 Feelings/Emotions Bookmarks (2-sided)
- 10 Self-Adhesive Vinyl Pockets
- 1 Beginning, Middle and End SGM® Mini-Poster
- 1 Complete Episode SGM® Mini-Poster
- 1 Feelings SGM® Mini-Poster
- 1 Critical Thinking Triangle® Mini-Poster
- 2 Popsicle Sticks
- 4 Write-On/Wipe-Off Pens
Prod. No. 07 100