The Talk to Write, Write to Learn™ Kit is designed to improve listening, reading/comprehension, and expository text comprehension and writing for students in grades two through six.
- Expands and develops the writing initiatives of school-based literacy programs.
- Introduces story development to emerging readers and writers.
- Fosters modeling, guided practice, and direct instruction of both the narrative and expository writing process.
- Uses “cartooned” narrative icons to help students internalize, talk about and write fiction and non-fiction genres.
The Kit Includes:
- 1 Talk to Write, Write to Learn™ Teachers’ Manual
- 15 “A Day in the Park” Student Activity Booklets
- 1 Teacher Manipulative
- 1 Icon STAMPede™ Stamp Sets
- SGM® Icon Stickers
- ThemeMaker® Sticker Snaps!
- 1 SGM® Quick Reference Pen
- 1 Universal Magnet Set
- 2 Complete Episode Mini-Posters
- 2 Critical Thinking Triangle Mini-Posters
- 2 Classroom Pragmatics Mini-Posters
- 2 Feelings Mini-Posters
- 2 CHARACTERistics Mini-Posters
- 2 ThemeMaker™ Expository Text Structures Mini-Posters
- 2 SGM® Episode Organizer Mini-Posters
- Website link to downloadable PDFs of all manual-included maps and forms
Item No. 02 005