Our East Meets West series, Volumes I & II, provides ready to use intervention lesson for flexible grouping in a variety of settings. Included are 23 children’s books analyzed for narrative and expository structures, literate language features, phonological awareness skills, and vocabulary. Cultural aspects of each selection are also highlighted. Our easy implementation approach is a perfect fit for busy teachers and interventionists. Volumes may be purchased separately or together. Read about Volume I here • East Meets West Quick Start here
East Meets West For The Holidays and Important Life Events, Volume II, is a guide for the implementation of evidence-based clinical intervention for students who have language and reading disabilities.
- 13 children’s book analyzed for story elements of narrative and expository text structures (Time Saver!)
- Includes a structured, guided approach for implementation
- Each story includes activities for vocabulary development and phonological awareness.
- Guides the speech/language pathologist and other educators through aural/oral activities using quality children’s literature as a base.
- Provides detailed, ready-to-use interventions for small group or whole class settings.
- Integrates current theory and practice by providing ideas for modeling and guided practice.
- Provides the structure for read-alouds and activities to scaffold oral responses.
- Organizational maps of text structures, lessons and children’s literature selections.
Children’s Literature Analyzed in East Meets West™ Volume II:
- Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins
- The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas
- The Wall
- Molly’s Pilgrim
- The Star Spangled Banner
- I Have A Dream
- Some Birthday!
- It’s My Birthday
- Nice Try Tooth Fairy
- Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch
- The Spider and the Fly
Item No. 10 200
ISBNs: 978-0-9761393-7-9 (0-9761393-7-5)